The CFP road construction worker collaborates in the construction and maintenance of roads, squares and streets.They always work in groups and carry out their outdoor activities.
By hand or with the help of machines, the road construction workers give their contribution so that the floors are always of good quality and together with their superiors are present in all the activities concerning the construction of roads, squares, cycle paths, sidewalks, traffic islands and roundabouts.
Their main activities can be described as follows:
- Prepare the road surface and distribute the hot asphalt with the blade or special machines. With the aid of a roller, they then compact the layers of the road surface.
- They also set up the construction site. They unload materials (wooden boards for claddings, whitewashed barriers, manholes, lubricants and means for the operation of construction machinery, etc.) and tools (blades, trowels, vibrating plate, measuring instruments, etc.) from the lorry, and they organize a warehouse. They carry out minor maintenance work on tools and machines independently.
- They know how to read the plans and work according to the same. They note the work done in a report. Their activity always takes place in a team, outdoors and in every weather. They know the hazards on the construction site and protect themselves and their colleagues by following the safety rules and using personal protective equipment. They comply with the environmental protection regulations and dispose of the used building materials and other wastes according to the company’s guidelines.
- Duration: 2 years
- Training of professional practice: at a company specializing in road construction
- School training: 1 day a week
- Inter-company courses: 33 days at the professional center of Gordola
- Diploma: Federal Certificate of Practical Training as a CFP Construction Worker
- The CFP allows you to work as a road construction worker or, if deemed suitable, to move directly to the second year of the three-year professional road builder training to achieve the Federal Ability Certificate (AFC), which in turn allows access to improvements certified by certificates and diplomas recognized at federal level.
- Schooling of the obligation ended
- Physical abilities and scholastic and social skills